- About Us
- About this site
- Hindu Hermeneutics
- Hinduism for Beginners
- Hindu Dharma – The Universal Way of Life
- Hindu Rituals and Routines
- Hindu Fasts and Festivals
- Hindusim and Astrology
- Hindu Catechism
- The Hindu Temple: A Cosmic Intersection
- Ten Questions people ask About Hinduism …and ten terrific answers!
- Homosexuality and Hinduism
- Vivaha Samskara – Vedic Marriage Ceremony
- Vaishnava Yajur Veda Upakarma
- Sandhya Vandanam – Pauranic Vaishnava Version
- Laghu Thiru Aradhanam Kramam – The Abridged Form of Daily Worship
- Sandhya Vandanam – Krishna Yajur Veda
- Thiru Kalyana Mahotsava – Purohits only!
- Pancharatra Prayoga – by Sri Rama Ramanuja Acharya
- Griha Archa Pratishtha
- Substitutes – Pratinidhi
- The Final Sacrament for a Vaishnava
- Pañcaratra (Vaishnava) Samskaras
- Mantras for Abhishekam
- Bhumi Puja
- Vāstu Śānti Pūjā
- SOUTH INDIAN VIVĀHA SAMSKARA PRAYOGAḤ
- Sāṅgopāṅga Vivāha Prayogaḥ – NORTH INDIAN WEDDING CEREMONY
- Ramanuja Darshanam – The Philosophy of Ramanuja (Volume 1 Issue 4)
- Visisthadvaita Philosphy for Beginners
- Sri-Vaishnava Initiation
- Prapanna Parijata
- Srivacana Bhusana
- Sri-Vaishnava Guru Parampara
- Handbook of Sri-Vaishnavism
- Srimatham Prayer Book
- Pramanam – Valid Knowledge
- Life of Bhagavad Sri Ramanuja Acharya
- Artha Panchakam of Sri Pillai Loka Acharya
- Meaning of the Three Jewels
- Who is a Sri-Vaishnava?
- The Guru Disciple Relationship – From Two Srivaishnava Sources.
- Comparative Religion
- Vastu sastra
- Vedic Chanting
- Shadanga Yoga – The Way of Surrender
- An Exposition of Yoga from Two Vaishnava Sources
- Essentials of the Gita Bhashya and Tatparya of Sri Madhvacharya
- Surya Namskara
- Gitartha Sangraha by Yamuna Acharya!
- Srimad Bhagavad Gita with Gita Bhashya of Bhagavad Ramanuja Acarya
- Yoga Psychology
- The Bhagavad-gita – As It Was!
- The Bhagavad Gita – According to Ramanuja’s Sribhasya
- Online Purohit Course
- Vedic Chanting
- Downloads – Online Sanskrit for Beginners Course
- Downloads – Online Application of the Pancharatra Course
- Downloads – Online Divya-Prabandha Course
- Downloads – Online Ayurveda Course
- Downloads – Online Vedic Astrology Course
- Archana According to the Pancharatra Agama
- Semester 1
- Vaishnavism – Online Learning with Keshava Acharya!
- Contact us
Archana According to the Pancharatra Agama
This ongoing online learning course will discuss, examine, and help you implement Archana into your home and local Vaishnava community.
This online course will be hosted by Sri U. Ve. Keshava Acharya (a.k.a. H.G. Gaura-Keshava Prabhu), who studied the Pancaratra Agama from the late M. R. Sampat Kumar Bhattacharya of Tulasi Ram Das Mutt, Bangalore and is (to date) the only Westerner who has undertaken the Chakrabja Mandala Archaka Diksha from the late Y. R. Vasudeva Bhattacharya, Professor of the Pancaratra Agama at the Maharaja’s Sanskrit College in Mysore.
Sri Keshava Acharya is also the only Westerner (to date) who is registered as an Archaka with the Government of Karnataka and lives part of the year within the first prakaram (walls) of the ancient Vaishnava Temple town of Srirangam Kshetra.
The focus of this course will be on domestic (home) worship, worship within your local community centres and Vaishnava sangams.
Although there will be a progressively technical aspect to the course, if you want to become an Archaka for a Pancharatraic Temple in India (for example) you will need to discuss the options with Keshava Acharya outside the parameters of this course.
The course is by donation, having said that in order to make the course financially viable, the minimum donation is set as AU$108. The Facilitator must receive all donations and PayPal receipts before you can become a registered participating student.
There are two semesters per year and the beginning of each semester will require all students to re-register in order to be able to continue to participate in this course.
The purpose of this course:
- To educate and train new aspirants who are interested in becoming competent pujaris and community-based archakas;
- A refresher course for those currently engaged in Archana;
- To educate those who are interested in deepening their knowledge and understanding of Archana and the Pancharatra Agama;
Who should subscribe to this course:
- Vaishnavas who have received upanayanam (yajnopavitram), and / or have undergone the pancha-samskara and have a strong interest in the subject matter;
- Initiated Vaishnavas of any age, gender, ethnicity, or caste;
Course Requirements and pre-qualifications:
- A good working knowledge and comprehension of the English language;
- A basic knowledge and understanding of Archana;
- A basic knowledge of Sanskrit and Vedic chanting is an advantage but not essential to begin this course;
- A grounding in the theology of the Pancharatra Agama and Vaishnava philosophy pertaining to one’s own lineage i.e. Visiṣṭhadvaita, Dvaita, Achintya Bheda Abheda, etc;
- Prior experience either in Archana and / or as an assistant;
- A strong desire to study the subject matter (Approx. 7-10hrs per week);
- Access to fast internet for accessing course download files and Skype conferences (will need minimum 2GB to participate in Skype conferences);
- Access to a local mentor who can help with the practical applications;
- Access to a local Pancharatric Temple with regular ritual functions is an advantage for observation and gaining ideas for your own Archana;
Format of the Course:
- Online Correspondence via the World Wide Web;
- Most of the reading matter will be supplied in PDF document format;
- Future conference calls via Skype will be arranged on a regular basis;
- Theoretical examinations will be open-book;
- Intermittent practice sessions will be made available for those living in Australia and those living near the primary instructor.
- Overseas subscribers will need to find a local Pancharatric Archaka and / proficient mentor to assist you with the practical applications.
To register for this course contact Keshava Acharya at: